Reporting Medicare/Medicaid Fraud
Did you know that even Russian and Nigerian mob bosses are getting in on U.S. Medicare and Medicaid fraud? It’s true. Some observers estimate that Uncle Sam’s pocket is picked to the tune of over $1 billion every year.
The majority of the cases we handle at Fischer Legal Group involve fraud perpetrated by health care professionals and businesses involving reimbursement by Medicare and Medicaid.
No one knows for certain the exact amount of fraud occurring in these systems — because fraud is seldom obvious. Many observers suspect it is more than $1 billion annually.
How extensive is Medicare and Medicaid fraud? At Fischer Legal Group, we handle cases involving all these fraudulent actions:
- Medicaid/Medicare fraudulent billing
- Double billing for goods or services
- Billing for treatments not provided
- Upcoding or improper coding
- Billing for “phantom patients”
- Billing for more hours than there are in a day
- Bundling and unbundling
- Misrepresentation of patient data
- Misrepresentation of credentials
- Best price cases
- Best value cases
- Off-label marketing
- Concealing ownership in a related company
- Behavioral or mental health fraud
- Pharmacy and pharmaceuticals fraud
- Home attendant, home health and personal care fraud
- Transport and ambulance fraud
If you are contemplating filing a health care fraud complaint against your current or former employer, it is a very daunting prospect. It means reporting on your employer, your partners, your colleagues, and your very livelihood.
The good news is, you are not alone, and the system has provided an incentive for people willing to step forward and say no to taxpayer rip-off.
Get A Consultation On Your Claim
Our lawyers will get you through this complex and frightening process. You will arrive on the other side feeling you did the right thing, and you benefited from your own courageous action.
Talk to Fischer Legal Group attorneys at 212-577-9231. We will walk you through the steps if a qui tam case and advise you on your complaint’s strength. If you prefer, drop us an email describing your situation.